Overview of the PowerDsine PD-6506G/AC/M
The PowerDsine PD-6506G/AC/M is a 6-port managed Power over Ethernet midspan, supplying up to 15W of power to compatible devices through their Ethernet connections. Managed through the SNMPv3 protocol, administrators can control and monitor the power supply to their devices, and with gigabit throughput there are no data bottlenecks to limit connection speeds. The device is also rack mountable for installation close to the network infrastructure and features a limited lifetime warranty to provide protection in case of hardware failure.
Key features & benefits
- Gigabit throughput - connects high-speed network devices at speeds of up to 1000Mbps
- 6 channels - reduce costs by using a single device to power up to 6 devices
- SNMPv3 management - control, monitor and alert on power connections remotely
- Rack mountable - integrates fully into your IT network
- IEEE802.3af supported - provides up to 15W of power to compatible devices
- Limited lifetime warranty - ensure that system failures are rectified under warranty
This device suits small surveillance networks of up to 6 cameras, especially in locations where network-based monitoring and control are required including satellite offices, small stores, garages and workshops.