Overview of the Mobotix p25
The Mobotix p25 is a ceiling mounted IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, 180° panorama corrected view and pan/tilt lens adjustment.
Featuring a decentralised system design, integrated advanced image processing, edge-recording to MicroSD card and Power over Ethernet (PoE). With a wide choice of lenses available in day or night options, this compact camera offers great versatility for indoor applications. Mobotix video management software and mobile support is also available for free.
The p25 uses a 1/1.8" CMOS sensor for increased light sensitivity - delivering high quality surveillance with 6 megapixel resolution at a maximum of 8 frames per second (fps) or HD 720p up to 30 fps. Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blurring can be captured in low light.
A variety of lenses are available, ranging from the 180° fisheye lens which can cover an entire room, through to the 15° distant tele lens which can isolate an entrance, corridor or point of sale. This wide choice of lens options help make the p25 a very flexible solution in a wide range of indoor applications.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Variety of lenses including a 180° hemispheric view for a panoramic overview of an entire room
- Manual pan/tilt helps achieve optimum angle of view during installation
- Virtual PTZ on the live and recorded images is performed by the camera, reducing bandwidth use
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) versions available
- Discreet form factor and colour, blends in easily with most environments
- Can be expanded to use external sensors or relays using encrypted two-wire bus (MxBus)
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Cost-effective to install and economical to run with support for PoE below 5 watts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a self-contained surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This design makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
Image processing inside the camera ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging, high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor video motion detection intelligently detects the movement of people and objects and filters interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures, reducing false alarms and providing accurate security monitoring.
MxAnalytics makes it possible to collect statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations and in what direction. Both features are particularly helpful in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is video management software available for all Mobotix cameras. There are no license fees or update costs - it's 100% free. Users can also access video footage remotely using the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate. This means they require little maintenance and they're economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix p25 hemispheric network camera is suitable for general indoor surveillance of areas where high quality and discreet security monitoring is required. Typical examples include reception areas, retail stores, museums, schools, hospital waiting areas and offices.
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter software
- MicroSD card
- Ethernet patch cable
- Screws, washers and plugs
- Allen wrench
- Flat-head screwdriver
- High capacity MicroSD card (please select from the drop down menu above)
- Mobotix p25 on-wall installation kit