Overview of the Mobotix S15 DualFlex Thermal
The S15 DualFlex Thermal with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology consists of a core unit that can support the connection of two separate lens modules - providing unobtrusive surveillance of indoor or outdoor areas.
A wide choice of day, night and thermal imaging lenses are available, which can be placed up to 2m away from the core unit using the detachable cable (not included). Mobotix video management software and mobile viewing is also supported – free of charge.
All of the optical lenses (day or night) available can capture clear 6 megapixel resolution at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at full frame rate. In addition, each outdoor-ready thermal lens offers thermal imaging in 336 x 252 resolution at up to 9 fps. Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blurring can be captured in low light.
A wide choice of day, night and thermal imaging lenses offers flexibility and allow the user to build a surveillance system that meets their exact monitoring requirements. Optical lenses ranging from an ultra-wide 180° to a super-tele 8° lens are available with either a day or night sensor, and users can choose between thermal lenses with either a 45°, 65° or 135° angle of view.
When ordering, please select the lens combination that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- S15 core unit supports the connection of up to two day, night or thermal imaging lens modules
- Variety of lens units are available and 3 different lens combinations are supported
- Detachable cable enables the core unit and lens module to be separated by a distance of up to 2m
- Day (colour) and night (black and white) lens modules deliver clear 6MP video footage at up to 8 frames per second
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging at a resolution of 336 x 252 to detect objects in total darkness
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Support for two-way audio enables verbal interaction between the user and those in the scene
- Edge recording onto MicroSD card (not included) provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
- Flexible compression with support for 3 different formats (MxPEG and Motion JPEG)
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
The decentralised design means that each Mobotix IP camera is a self-contained surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
Image processing inside the camera ensures the capture of high quality footage using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and enabling a number of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms as it is able to intelligently distinguish between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction. Both features are particularly beneficial for use in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is supported by all Mobotix IP cameras and offers free video management, with no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
All Mobotix IP cameras feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient and typically require less than 5 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are very economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix S15 DualFlex thermal IP camera can deliver high quality 6MP resolution in addition to advanced thermal imaging. The modular design of this unit, alongside a wide choice of lenses, offers the user complete flexibility and a discreet surveillance solution that is ideal for banks, retail stores and government buildings.
- Core module
- Your chosen sensor-lens modules(s) (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Your chosen sensor cable(s) (please select from the dropdown menu)
- 4GB MicroSD card
- Fixing kit including fixings and fixing tools
- Patch lead
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCentre video management for larger systems
- PoE midspan (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Higher capacity MicroSD card (please select from the dropdown menu)