Overview of the Mobotix D25
This outdoor-ready IP camera features 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, pan/tilt lens adjustment and a flexible, decentralised system design.
With a choice of day or night lenses available, this ‘all-rounder’ dome offers great versatility for outdoor applications. It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Equipped with a high-sensitivity 1/1.8” CMOS sensor – the camera can deliver 6 megapixel resolution at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at full frame rate. Mobotix Moonlight technology is also included to ensure the capture of highly detailed images, with reduced motion blurring in low light.
A variety of lenses are available, ranging from an ultra-wide lens that ensures large areas of the scene are captured, through to a 15° distant-tele lens which is ideal for long distance surveillance applications.
When ordering, please select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Ultra-wide to tele-photo lens options allow users to select the most suitable lens for their requirements
- Lenses available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions
- Manual pan/tilt function allows the desired view to be set during installation
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Quick close-ups can also be obtained easily using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Support for encoding formats MxPEG and Motion JPEG to optimise use of network resources
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- IP65 and IK09-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- Tough, stainless-steel vandalism kit (not included) can be fitted for improved protection in exposed areas
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- PoE supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
The decentralised design means each camera is a ‘stand-alone’ surveillance system that is able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. Pioneered by Mobotix, this approach allows the system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. The camera's processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and also allows dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor video motion detection intelligently detects movement and filters interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures. This reduces false alarms and helps to provide accurate security monitoring.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat maps help to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Available for all Mobotix cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter is free video management software that features no license fees or update costs. In addition, the Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
The full Mobotix range of IP cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup. Additionally, the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix D25 dome IP camera delivers high-quality 6MP video footage and is an ideal choice for businesses that require reliable CCTV surveillance in outdoor locations. Typical applications include loading bays, petrol stations and university campuses.
- Choice of lens (please select required lens from dropdown menu)
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Fixings and fixing tools including allen key
- 50cm patch cable
Optional (please select from dropdown menu):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan