This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix S16
Overview of the Mobotix S15 DualFlex
The Mobotix S15 DualFlex with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology consists of a core unit that supports the connection of two separate lens modules to provide discreet, indoor or outdoor surveillance.
Mobotix’s full range of optical lenses are available and can be placed up to 2m away from the core unit using a detachable cable (not included). The unit also features MicroSD card recording, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Equipped with a high-sensitivity 1/1.8" CMOS sensor - the unit delivers clear 6 megapixel resolution at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at full frame rate. Mobotix Moonlight technology is also included to ensure highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
A variety of lenses are available, ranging from the fisheye lens which can provide ultra-wide 180° views, through to the 8° super-tele lens that is ideal for long distance surveillance. This large selection of lenses helps make the S15 a flexible choice for a range of indoor or outdoor applications.
When ordering, please select the lens combination that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- S15 core unit supports the connection of up to two day or night lens modules
- Full selection of Mobotix lenses from fisheye to telephoto, available in either day (colour) or night (monochrome) versions
- Detachable cable enables the core unit and lens module to be separated by a distance of up to 2m
- Discreet form factor and colour, blends in easily with most environments
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Digital PTZ controls allow the user to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Edge recording onto MicroSD card provides a helpful backup option in the event of network failure
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- PoE supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
The decentralised design means each camera is a ‘stand-alone’ surveillance system, with the ability to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and there is no need for any additional recording software. Pioneered by Mobotix, this approach allows the system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments apart from purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
Image processing inside the camera ensures the capture of high quality video footage using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and allowing multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor delivers accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics allows statistical behaviour data to be collected on people and objects. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas, and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass specific locations - and in which direction. Both of these features are particularly helpful in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is a free video management software available for all Mobotix cameras that features no license fees or update costs. Users also have the ability to access video footage remotely on mobile device using the Mobotix iOS app.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
The full Mobotix range of cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup, and the built-in MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix S15 DualFlex IP camera delivers high quality CCTV surveillance of indoor or outdoor locations in 6 megapixel resolution. The unit’s modular design and wide choice of lenses offers users flexibility, as well as a discreet surveillance solution that is ideal for small retail stores, cash machines and points of sale.
- Core module
- Your chosen sensor-lens module(s) (please select from dropdown menu)
- Your chosen sensor cable(s) (please select from dropdown menu)
- 4GB Micro-SD card fitted
- Fixing kit including fixings and fixing tools
- Patch lead
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card